The advantages of skin care should be self-evident. Not only is healthy skin vital to one’s overall appearance, but it also provides essential protection from daily environmental hazards such as harmful U.V. rays, bacteria, and viruses. In this article, we discuss the benefits that make CBD and hemp oil a superior alternative for overall skin health.
HEMP OIL VS. CBD OIL: WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
Hemp oil is often mistaken for cannabidiol (CBD) due to its direct association with the hemp plant. This common misconception has led to mis-advertisement, whether intentional or not, with consumers often mistaking one product for another. Below, we explain the differences between hemp oil and CBD oil, as well as their benefits for your face and skin.
WHAT IS HEMP OIL?
Hemp is a type of cannabis, tracing its lineage to the Cannabaceae family of plants. Unlike cannabis, however, hemp contains virtually no THC and is grown as an industrial commodity.
Hemp oil, a by-product of the hemp plant, is made by cold-pressing hemp seeds. While hemp oil is commonly used as a carrier for CBD, it is naturally free of any and all cannabinoids such as CBD and THC. Alternatively, it has a natural abundance of polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamins that have proven beneficial for overall skin health.
HEMP OIL BENEFITS FOR YOUR FACE & SKIN
Hemp oil could have profound benefits for one’s overall skin health. It has been shown to help combat several direct causes of aging, such as inflammation and oxidation by nourishing the skin and providing an added layer of protection against the daily exposure of potentially harmful elements.
Researchers behind a 2014 review provided a summary of all collected data and concluded that hemp oil could potentially help restore and nourish the skin. It has demonstrated an ability to strengthen the skin’s natural defenses to resist infection better and could possibly help manage a host of skin conditions such as:
- Acne rosacea
- Varicose eczema
- Inflammatory skin conditions
WHAT IS CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is naturally secreted by the cannabis (marijuana) plant, though it is also commonly derived from hemp for matters of legality. An organic compound known formally as a cannabinoid, CBD is accredited with a variety of research-backed therapeutic qualities. It is employed by thousands of consumers around the world to help address a wide range of symptoms and conditions, including:
- Anxiety / Depression
- Chronic pain
- Epileptic & non-epileptic seizures
- Gastrointestinal (G.I.) conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Psychological conditions
The topical application of CBD is also widely used to help protect and manage several skin-related conditions.
CBD & SKIN CARE
A CBD-infused topical product could provide a host of health benefits for the skin:
- Anti-Aging: CBD is accredited with potent antioxidant properties that could help to rejuvenate skin and diminish the appearance of wrinkles. Revitalize dry, tired skin and help restore a youthful glow with the application of a CBD-infused topical product.
- Itch Relief: The anti-inflammatory and analgesic (pain-relieving) properties of CBD could help address minor itching and irritation caused by sores, bumps, bug bites, and sunburn.
- Moisturize & Nourish: CBD oil contains many essential fatty acids as well as vitamins A, D, and E that could provide much-needed moisturization and nourishment for dry skin without unnecessarily clogging pores.
- Reduce Oil Production: Excessively oily skin creates several common problems such as pimples, acne, and clogged pores. CBD is accredited with anti-oil properties that can significantly help reduce sebum production and potentially normalize an overly active sebaceous gland.
In addition to improving overall skin health, CBD-infused topicals have additionally demonstrated efficacy in addressing minor joint and muscle pain. Capable of providing targeted relief directly to the source of pain, CBD-infused creams and lotions are ideal for arthritic pain and post-workout recovery.
CBD-INFUSED HEMP OIL
Infusing hemp oil with CBD is a common practice that offers the best of both worlds. Other carriers, such as MCT, coconut, and salmon oil, while beneficial, do not provide the same degree of skin care when compared to hemp oil. Merging the therapeutic qualities of CBD with the natural skin care qualities of hemp oil can yield a far superior topical product.
A FINAL WORD FROM HEMPINDICA
Hempindica is a reputable vendor of top-notch products infused with only the highest quality federally compliant CBD. Browse our extensive selection of topicals, or search our site by category to find your ideal product. We offer a wide variety of edibles, extracts, and wellness products, as well as a specialty pet line for your furry companion. Our products are entirely legal in all 50 states, and we are proud to offer free priority shipping on all orders!